Sunday, November 10, 2013

Can you identify this bird?

There are lots of seagulls in the harbor.  They look a little different than our seagulls.  They have orange beaks and they make a different sound.  Can you tell me the name of the seagull that lives in the Sydney Harbor?  The bird that really interested me was the bird below.   I wasn't sure what it was so I looked it up!
Now, it's your turn to identify it.  Post your answer and I will let you know if you are right!  (I found a larger picture on the web to help you.)

7 comments:

  1. Mrs. Vieira,
    I am loving your blogs with the thought provoking questions and the connections. I hope the rain stops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Vieira,
    Were the birds Ibis birds, and are they common or is it rare to see these birds taking a stroll in the park?
    Thank you, Jeffrey Walbridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Ibis birds and I do think it is common to see them in the parks here.

      Delete
  3. We think the seagull is called a silver gull. And the bird above is an ibis. Love,Caden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charli thinks it is an Australian White Ibis. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are both right, it is a Australian White Ibis! Good job! I sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete