Monday, November 18, 2013

Went on a Night Walk!

Went on a night walk to see the glow worms. We walked in the dark which was a little scary until your eyes got adjusted to the dark. It was like a fairyland. It's not the worm that lights up. It's actually its poop!  Also heard
yellow-bellied gliders. Couldn't see them, but we could sure hear them!  Included a picture so you could see them! Wish we could have seen them. Saw lots of koalas on the way back to camp. They are most active from 6-12 at night!  They usually sleep the rest of the time. 

2 comments:

  1. We had flying squirrels where I grew up in New York. They looked like those yellow-bellied gliders you heard. I was the one with the "yellow belly" because I was afraid when I would see them jump and "fly" from tree to tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit it was a little scary walking around in the forest in the dark, but I stuck close to our leader. The sound that they make is amazing!

    ReplyDelete