Sunday, November 10, 2013

Greetings from Sydney!

Manly Beach
 I arrived safely in Sydney yesterday (Sunday, Saturday your time) at 8:35 in the morning.  Can you tell your teacher why it is a different day?  The flight was very long, 15 hours.  I watched three movies and tried to sleep.  The flight was a little bumpy as there were lots of storms over the Pacific Ocean, (Look on a weather map and see why) but the pilots were very good about navigating around the storms, so we didn't suffer too much!  I checked into my hotel and showered and off I went to explore the city.  It is raining here so my plans were altered somewhat.  Second grade, I am sorry but Flat Stanley does not like the rain! First I walked down to the harbor and took a ferry to Manly Beach.  We passed the lovely building posted below.  Can you name it?  Although, it was raining, the city was beautiful.  We saw lots of people out in their sail boats working very hard to not run into our ferry.  Miss Hogan,  I thought about you when I saw how hard the crews were working.    When I got to Manly Beach there was a surf contest taking place.  It was fun to watch all the kids participate!  The beach reminded me of our peninsula and there were also lots of surf shops with familiar names like Quiksilver!

No comments:

Post a Comment